This position is similar to my previous task at Intel. Hardware Certification
Ubuntu Senior Certification Engineer
Posting Date: November 2008
Job Location: Your home (given appropriate facilities including broadband Internet) in an American or European time zone.
Job Summary: Hold responsibility for the delivery of manual and automated testing for certification and hardware enablement. Quality Assurance Team Manager
Reports To: Quality Assurance Team Manager
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Deliver manual and automated testing of Ubuntu on a range of hardware under the certification program including hands-on testing, test coordination and project management
- Provide test reports to certification partners and the Ubuntu platform team
- Work within the Ubuntu platform team to improve the test infrastructure and test plans to meet the needs of the distribution and hardware partners
- Work with Ubuntu developers and hardware partners to perform detailed debugging of failures
- Advise the release team regarding the support status of certified hardware
- Evaluate required test coverage for incoming hardware
- Participate in regular development meetings involving international travel
Required skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of the make-up of a modern GNU/Linux distribution, preferably Ubuntu or Debian.
- Strong project management skills, including ability to coordinate a team to deliver several parallel projects according to strict deadlines
- Experience with system-level debugging
- Experience with Python programming or other scripting languages
- Strong English language communication skills, especially in on-line environments such as mailing lists and IRC.
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to schedule
* i’m working on night shift now..