The requirement to join the Staff/Senior/System Engineer, Grid Computing:
• OS (Linux, Unix, Windows, MacOS, etc.)
• Kernel Optimization
• MPI Fine Tuning
• Network Security (IPS, IDS, etc.)
• Network Technologies (TCP/IP, SNMP, etc)
• Clustering and monitoring tools
• Shell & other language script (Perl, PHP, Phyton)
• C/C++ & Java (optional)
• Database Management (MySQL, Postgress SQL, Oracle, etc.)
• Storage management (SAN, NAS, ILM)
• TMN’s FCAPS model (Fault Management, Configuration Management, Accounting Management, Performance Management, and Security Management), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
• Workload Management System (PBS Pro, OpenPBS, SGE, LSF)
• LDAP Management
• Globus Toolkit 4, Glite/EGEE
• Applications (CAE Packages: Fluent, LS-DYNA, Mentor Graphics, Synopsis, etc.; Sciences and Mathematics Packages: Matlab, AMBER, Gaussian, GAMESS, BLAST, etc.; Media Packages: Maya, Shake, etc.; Enterprise: SAP, Microsoft, etc.)
General technical skills /experience to include:
• Possesses MSc/BSc in Computer Sciences, and Computer Engineering.
• 4-5 years experience in System administration of large scale UNIX and Windows environment. Must have experience in formal requirements documentation for systems and network engineering (IP networking).
• Network and Interface level security implementation.
• Experiences in tender and bid processes and writing technical specifications.
• Certifications in CCNA/CCNP are an added advantage.
Information Communication Technology (ICT) has been established as the key enabler of economic growth. The new world economy is very much dependent on ICT to catalyst knowledge creation. The future of a country could be determined by the rate of knowledge exploitation and dissemination.
The Malaysian economy has benefited from the wave created by the electronics industries; to the advent of computing industries; and has banked on the Internet that gave birth to the Multimedia Super Corridor initiatives. As one of the leading nations in ICT, our key competitiveness factor will be exploiting the advancement of ICT. Thus, it is imperative for Malaysia to take the technological leap in order to be in the forefront of the developing nations.
Another significant phase of ICT evolution is Grid Computing technology. The technology provides the ability of knowledge info-structure as the platform for knowledge collaborations to improve decision making process; on-demand computing resource ; enhance firms and country productivity; and will lead to capital efficiency. Accordingly, it is critical for Malaysia to ride on the next ICT wave realized through Grid Computing.
The National Grid Computing Initiative, now known as KnowledgeGRID Malaysia, will play a pivotal role in bringing Malaysia to the next ICT evolution. This collection of snippets of images provide the country a snapshot overview of Knowledge Grid Malaysia as a catalyst for a Knowledge Nation.
The KnowledgeGRID Malaysia is a strategic initiative by the Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation (MOSTI) which is being spearheaded by MIMOS with a close collaboration with local universities, R&D institutions and industry. The KnowledgeGRID Malaysia will provide a Knowledge infrastructure for the nation that maximises high performance computing resources to accelerate research and industrial development for national wealth and value creation. The National Grid will be the Knowledge infrastructure that combines networked resources – desktops, servers, storage, databases, and scientific instruments – to form a massive repository of computing power to be tapped wherever and whenever it is needed most.
The objectives of KnowledgeGRID Malaysia are:-
|To provide Super Computing power to the nation beyond the research communities|
|To provide highest level Cyberspace Security for critical information|
|To achieve cost efficiency on Capital Investment for Knowledge Info-structure|
|To create new web services industries through pay-per-use
What is Grid Computing
Source : KnowledgeGRID Malaysia