Maxis Fiber Router Replacement to support VOIP.
This is very interesting topic to discuss, how to replace the maxis router with your own router to support the VOIP. Maxis fiber come with default router Technicolor TG389AC which for me is not that good for wireless signal especially for Condo type of house.
If you dont like this setup, you can buy DLINK DSL-G2452DG which is around RM300 come with VOIP support.
For this tutorial i will show how to configure the Maxis fiber Internet using your own router
- Maxis Broadband Router Technicolor RG389A
Wireless Router TP-LINK TL-WR841HP ** Make sure your router is Maxis Fiber ready
- VDSL Model Huawei HG655m
- DECT Phone by Maxis
- Use the LAN cable and connect the Maxis Router (WAN Port) to VDSL Modem (LAN2)
- Use the LAN cable and connect the TP-Link Router (WAN Port) to VDSL Modem (LAN3)
- Use the LAN cable via LAN4 in VDSL Modem and Connect to your Laptop/Desktop
- Configure Static IP to Ethernet interface to 192.168.1.111 / 255.255.255.0
- Open Web Browser and type 192.168.1.1
- Enter Username & Password
Username : admin
Password : hs5711Bbvl
- Under Basic > WAN and look for ptm1.621 – Maxis use 621 for Internet and 821 for VOIP.
- Click connection ptm1.621 and Un-tick Port Binding & VLAN Tagging LAN2
- Select Port Binding & VLAN Tagging LAN3 and Submit to save
- Then Configure your own router eg: TP-LINK in this case and configure your Maxis fiber connection via quick setup